Immigration and Visa


A lot has changed with United States immigration policies since September 11, 2001. New laws are being implemented to ensure the safety of United States citizens and international visitors alike. While these changes are both necessary and positive, SEA recognizes that they may cause you some concern and/or confusion.

The most important thing for you to know is that all students entering the United States to study at SEA are required to obtain an F-1 Student Visa. You will not be allowed to register at SEA without an F-1 Student Visa.

When you apply to SEA, we will send you an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility, which you will use to apply for your F-1 Student Visa at a US Embassy or Consulate in your country. Remember to apply for your visa early to allow for possible delays in processing.

We want to help make your entry into the United States and maintenance of your student status as easy as possible. If you have any questions on immigration-related issues, please contact: